Valentine’s Day is upon us and there’s nothing sexier than giving your special someone a gift that is beautiful, delicious, and offers a variety of incredible wellness benefits. The most popular Valentines Day treat, of course, is chocolate. Rich, decadent, sweet, and melts as it touches your lips. But, you may not know some other incredibly sexy facts about chocolate.
Top 10 Sexy Facts About Chocolate
10. Cacao trees take four to five years to produce their beans
Anything worth having is totally worth waiting for.
9. The scientific name for the cacao tree, Theobroma Cacao, comes from the Ancient Greek work meaning “food of the gods”
The unique, incredible experience of enjoying chocolate is basically supernatural.
8. Chocolate contains about as much caffeine as a cup of tea
Feeling awake and alert is the first step to a sexy experience.
7. Drinking cacao was the first known chocolate treat (~500BC)
The human experience of delight and pleasure is timeless, and a delicacy like chocolate never goes out of style.
6. Fair Trade Chocolate accounts for less than 1% of chocolate on the market
Many cacao farms in the world don’t practice safe practices, fair labor wages, and safe working age restrictions. Fair Trade certification means that small family farmers have income stability, community empowerment, and environmental considerations, regardless of volatile markets. Working to prioritize human wellness is way sexy.
5. The smell of chocolate increases theta brain waves, triggering relaxation
Just the smell of chocolate will start your brain waves moving with the rhythm of the moment.
4. Chocolate is the only edible substance to melt at around 90°F, below the human body temperature
Melting chocolate? Sexy. Sharing your chocolate with a friend? Super sexy.
3. Chocolate contains anandamide, the body’s ‘bliss molecule’. The name is taken from the Sanskrit word ananda, which means “joy, bliss, delight”
Our chocolate tastes incredible, and we know you’ll love it, too! But ALL chocolate connects with your brain through anandamide receptors, which create a sensation of bliss. Science is totally sexy.
2. Dark chocolate increases blood flow to your heart!
A bit of heart swell with your valentine is perfectly mood-setting. Healthy and heartfelt benefits!
1. Chocolate contains L-Arginine, an amino acid that increases blood flow to your sexy parts!
I think we’ve said enough. We’ll let you take it from here.
How about we share our favorite gifts to turn your Valentine’s Day into something special. (see below)
Grön’s Valentine Gift Guide
Gifts for Her:
Gifts for Him:
Rejuvenate: Awakening Clay Mask (240mg CBD)
Clay masks are great for everyone, and the men on our team swear by this one!
Repair: Adaptable Hair Mask (150mg CBD)
Great for hair, AND beards!
Treat Yourself this Valentine’s
Savor: CBD Chocolate Sampler (60mg CBD) (FREE with purchase until 2/14!)